image via Pinterest
One of my friends has 4 little chooks who are supplying her with PLENTY of eggs! Lucky lady huh? She asked on my Facebook page:
"So..... Say you had HEAPS of fresh eggs, besides quiche, what would you make?"
We came up with this list, what would you add?
- my favourite whole egg mayonnaise recipe by the Thermosisters - No fail, No fuss, No butterfly mayonnaise
- good old boiled eggs recipe from the EDC
- Creme brûlée
- Bachelor Baked Beans with steamed eggs
- zuchini slice
- lemon butter
- mini quiches cooked in muffin tray and freeze for kids lunches
- use yolks for egg liqueur
- use whites for pavlova
- whites for macaroons - the coconut ones, not macarons
- use whites in fruity dream
- poached eggs with hollandaise
- The best rice pudding recipe
- whites in meringues
- yolks only in custards, use extra yolks for a richer and thicker custard
- Scrambled eggs and omelettes
- curried egg
- devilled eggs
- egg added to your pizza toppings (try it!!)
- lemon meringue pie
- egg rolls (thin crepey omelettes, rolls up like sandwich wraps)
- sous vide eggs - sometimes called '60 minute eggs' for the ultra-patient people and if you feel like being 'cheffy'
- I could go on and on...
- whites freeze really well
- some egg white only tips and recipes on my previous post here
- keep your eggshells and use them in the garden - see here
Can you add to the list?