My sister once gave me a beautiful chicken, bacon and mushroom risotto recipe, passed to her from her boyfriend who was a chef. It has always been one of our favourites and one of the few meals I could cook really well and be delicious every time (prior to getting my Thermomix!).
So naturally, it was the first recipe I tried to 'convert' as a new Thermomix owner. Risotto was one of the main selling points for me when it came to considering a Thermomix...and when you can make it in 17 minutes with NO STIRRING then its pretty hard to walk away from!
Here it is for you to enjoy. Tweak it however you like but I think its pretty spesh! For those of you already on my mailing list, this is in our team newsletter for this month. If you would like to get on the list let me know, as we have some great tips and recipes each month.
Chicken, Bacon & Mushroom Risotto
2 chicken breasts (or 3 thigh) diced 2cm cubes
150g diced bacon
6 button mushrooms
100g white wine
2Tb veggie stock from EDC
50g olive oil
350-400g arborio rice
1 garlic clove
a few basil leaves chopped
50g parmesan (grate this first and keep aside to top risotto)
1. Grate parmesan 10 sec speed 9 and set aside
2. Chop onion and garlic 2-3 sec speed 6
3. Scrape down sides, add oil, bacon, and cook for 2-3 minutes, reverse speed 1, 100c with MC off
4. Insert butterfly, add rice & wine and cook 2 mins speed reverse + soft, 100c
5. Add chicken pieces, 4 mins, speed reverse + soft, 100c and cook until white all over (will not be cooked all the way through but the stock will cook the rest)
6. Add stock paste, mushrooms, basil, water (up to max capacity marker). Cook 20 mins**, reverse + soft, 100c until all stock absorbed and rice is to your liking (soft or al dente). Add any remaining water through top after around 15 minutes cooking time.
7. Transfer to your Thermoserver and top with parmesan.
Really nice accompanied with steamed vegies in winter or a salad in summer.
Recipe contributed by Natalie Sanderson