Wednesday 8 August 2012

Almond Milk and Almond Smooshy Stuff...nothing goes to waste with a Thermomix!

I recently went to a Raw Organic Chocolate making workshop, which I've mentioned on my Facebook page. One of the recipes we tested was making a highly potent raw chocolate energy drink, which is dairy and sugar free. It uses nut milk as the base along with other ingredients (if you would like the recipe just contact me and I can send it to you, its in our newsletter for August). So of course I stocked up on ingredients and made my own almond milk yesterday using this recipe from Farmer K's Kitchen.

Once you make your almond milk, which with a Thermomix takes all of 2 minutes and only 100g of almonds to make 1L of milk, you are left with what can only be described as almond 'smoosh'!! So not wanting to be wasteful and knowing the nutty goodness I had before me, I decided to wack this into some chocolate muffins and test it out. OH.....MY........GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! They were divine!

Here is my rough recipe for those of you playing at home (adapted from EDC)

Choc Chip Muffins with Almond Smoosh

150g self raising flour
150g almond smoosh
180g milk
150g raw sugar
2 eggs
50g olive oil
100g choc chips
2 TB cocoa powder

Put all ingredients in (except choc chips) and mix 20 seconds speed 4 (or until just combined).
Add choc chips and mix on reverse speed 4 for a few seconds until combined
Spoon into muffin papers and cook 180c for 20 mins or until cooked.

Voila!!

1 comment:

  1. As I was lucky enough to taste test these delectable muffins I can assure anyone and everyone how delicious they were, fudgy melt in the mouth best ever muffins !!!

    ReplyDelete