Wednesday 24 September 2014

Calippo-style icy poles | Thermomix

This was my favourite icy-pole growing up. My mum introduced me to the lovely tangy lemony goodness at a young age...and I've always had a craving for them in summer!

I found these silicon cases at Kmart and thought I'd try recreating the recipe at home.



INGREDIENTS

2 lemons, flesh only. Remove with pith.
100g raw sugar
200g ice cubes

PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS


Puree lemon and sugar together, speed 6 for 5 seconds
Add ice and blend for 30 seconds on speed 9
Pour into silicon cases and freeze

Tips: 
peel the lemon skin off with a potato peeler and keep in the freezer for later use
substitute lemon for orange, and reduce sugar

MAKES 6 

3 comments:

  1. Just picked up some silicon cases from my local Coles and whipped up a batch. I reduced the sugar and my 4 year old son totally approves. These will be fantastic as the weather heats up. Thanks so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, do you take the pips out?

    ReplyDelete