Ohhh the smell of this tikka paste is incredible! I think I should have asked a friend to make a batch of another paste and done a jar swap. Do you ever do that?
Who knows what to do with Tikka Paste?
One of our favourites is Tikka Salmon and Veggies done in the Varoma. We also love making a cheat's version of the Chicken in Yoghurt recipe from the Indian cookbook, by stirring 3-4 tablespoons of the tikka paste into the yoghurt and cooking as per rest of recipe. Such a quick tasty meal!
I also asked the question on my Facebook Page and this is what we came up with
- Bombay potatoes - par boil potatoes, in a bowl,mix couple tbsp each of tikka paste, mango chutney, olive oil - coat potatoes, place on baking tray, sprinkle with sea salt, finish off in oven until cooked. (Thanks Ali!)
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- use small pieces of chicken and cook up the Tikka Masala, then once cooled use in sandwiches
- Butter Chicken
- marinate chicken, fish or meat to bbq
- add to fish cakes
- flavour meat for curry puffs
- add to meat for spicy sausage rolls
- marinate a lamb shoulder then cook in slow cooker
- add to pumpkin soup
Would love to see you making some of this up and posting your creations on my page!