Monday 30 April 2012

How many times a day do you use a Thermomix?

This was one of my lingering questions before I purchased my Thermomix...was I REEAALLLYY going to use it everyday or was it going to be a really expensive kitchen ornament? I am still surprised at how much I use my Thermomix and I know I haven't even scratched the surface of its usefulness yet.

Yesterday for example, I used it FIVE times to: 

  • Make pizza dough in 3 minutes (to use for Cheesymite Scrolls) 
  • Grate cheese for the scrolls (10 seconds)
  • Made breadcrumbs with all my leftover crusts I keep in the freezer (20 seconds)
  • Made meatloaf from the awesome Travelling with Thermomix cookbook 
  • And finally made custard for dessert...my hubby's favourite! (secretly I think this is what sold him on us buying a Thermy!)

Meanwhile, my poor hotplate has been covered up with a large chopping board and has honestly been used 3 times in the past 4 months...so money well spent on the Thermomix, we think! It certainly gets a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment